Your smile needs more than a toothbrush and dental floss to stay healthy and strong throughout your life. In fact, many of the foods and drinks we consume play a critical role in our oral and overall health. For this reason, it is important to know what foods can help your oral health so that you can choose the best foods for your smile.
Our dentist, Dr. Willis Jensen, is happy to help you with your oral health care needs. That is why he and our team have provided you a list of diet tips for a healthy smile:
– Carrots can help produce additional saliva, which can wash away food particles and harmful bacteria.
– Nuts contain calcium are often high in protein to strengthen your teeth.
– Leafy greens are high in calcium, which can help strengthen your tooth enamel.
– To produce additional saliva, try chewing gum after meals.
– The proteins in meats can help strengthen your oral health.
– Yogurt is healthy for your smile because of the presence of calcium, which promotes healthier and stronger tooth enamel.
– Apples are both crunchy and watery, and can produce additional saliva.
– Add cheese in your diet for an additional source of calcium.
If you abide by these diet tips, you can help keep your smile healthy and strong throughout your lifetime. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you need a dental checkup, please call the dental practice of Willis J Jensen DDS today at 847-577-7440. We are happy to schedule your appointment with our dentist in Arlington Heights, Illinois.